Recent Building Services Posts
The SERVPRO of Old Bridge/Cranbury Construction Team can help Repair and Restore these 5 Common Property Damage Areas.
Our building team can help restore and rebuild your Old Bridge, Monroe or other local New Jersey home/business to a safe and welcoming place, again.
Putting your local New Jersey area property back together after a disaster can be challenging, our construction team takes pride in helping restore and repair residential or commercial property after a fire, water or mold disaster! Restoring your residential or commercial property, “Like it never even happened,” is important to us, making improvements after a disaster is common. Our professionals are skilled at working with home and business owners to help navigate a rebuild or remodel, our team is here to help from disaster restoration to the final walk through after reconstruction.
5 COMMON PROPERTY DAMAGE AREAS
- Bathrooms suffer common water damage mainly because they are exposed to several water and plumbing sources including sinks and bathtubs/showers in a localized area.
- Kitchens can suffer damage from both water and fire hazards and can see major damage to floors, appliances, cabinets and counter tops.
- Basements are prone to water and mold damage from poor drainage and ventilation, both finished and unfinished basements can see major damage from storm and environmental leakage and flooding.
- Exterior Elements such as a roof, doors, windows and siding are all common locations to see property damage from weather, water, fire and mold. Whether damage is small or extensive, taking care of these problems immediately can minimize continued damage to your home.
- Floors commonly suffer water damage and can significantly affect your home’s overall safety and structure, leading to costly repairs.
These common areas are ideal places to look for upgrades or remodel options when your property suffers from storm, water, fire or mold damage. The SERVPRO of Old Bridge/Cranbury construction team can help you reimagine your space and restore and rebuild your Northern New Jersey home to a comfortable, safe and welcoming home or business, again.
- Open-Concept Living: Consider knocking down a wall, creating distinct groupings for the space, and make sure to leave plenty of negative space to help separate the areas and provide space for walking around and entertaining.
- Upgrading Windows, Lighting and Fixtures: Adding a new window, skylight or new light fixtures can brighten up your space and create more flow for enhanced natural light.
- Aesthetics: Color can unify and update a dated space, research color trends and find a style that fits your property. Adding wall art, throw pillows, and other accessories can make the space more welcoming.
- Finishing a Basement: A moisture-free and properly ventilated basement can provide additional living space that is an ideal location for an extra bedroom, home office or entertainment area, and don’t forget some additional storage
- Upgrading your kitchen or bathroom: Updated cabinets, replacing a tub or shower, and new fixtures will make a huge difference, also updating your flooring, backsplash or adding an island for additional counter space are a few options.
A fire, water or mold disaster can ruin your possessions and significantly affect the structure of your home or business, which can result in costly repairs.
Our team at SERVPRO of Old Bridge/Cranbury is here to help, we are trusted leaders in the restoration industry and we have the expertise and manpower to address the damage and make repairs. We take pride in every detail of restoring your New Jersey area property and getting your life back to normal as quickly as possible.
Your First Steps After a Disaster
You might feel overwhelmed after a disaster, but we are here to help rebuild your home!
Whether victimized by water, mold, or fire we know it can be difficult to catch your breath. There are so many questions running through your mind it can be difficult to know where to start. Oftentimes the toughest question for a person to answer is “What now?”
If your home is deemed safe to enter you might think the first step is to start cleaning. Though it may seem counterintuitive, you should not start cleaning until you are able to document the damage done to your home and belongings. The easiest way to document the damage would be to use a camera or cell phone to take pictures. If you do not have a camera available to you, or you are unable to enter your home again, your first step should be to call us here at SERVPRO of Old Bridge Cranbury and let us take it from there!
An expert at SERVPRO of Old Bridge Cranbury will document the damage done to your home, if needed, so you can receive every penny required from the insurance company. The serviceperson will also be able to advise you if going through insurance is your best course of action. It’s possible that the damage is so small it may actually benefit you to work outside of insurance. Fear of increased deductibles, higher rates, or even the cancellation of your plan might mean not involving your insurer is your best option.
Our goal at SERVPRO of Old Bridge Cranbury is to make the process as painless as possible, and we are here to help you every step of the way. After documenting the destruction we will be able to give you an honest assessment of the damage done to your home, as well as the best way to proceed with the reconstruction. The only thing you will have to do is submit your insurance claim! Your insurance may encourage you to go with one of their “preferred vendors” that they already have an agreement with, but as the consumer, you should know you have the right to pick a vendor you trust!
Disasters can be…disastrous, but we want you to know we are here to help. Try turning a negative into a positive and use the rebuilding opportunity to add a much-needed addition to your home, like a second bathroom or laundry room. Rebuilding after a disaster strikes is never fun, but SERVPRO of Old Bridge Cranbury is ready to make your home better than ever!
Rebuilding after a storm.
After a disaster—whether it be a fire, water, or storm—damages your home you will need to rebuild and restore. For decades SERVPRO has been known for their ability to respond to a disaster and fix your home to “make it like it never happened”.
The first thing you must do after a disaster is take temporary protective measures such as placing roof tarps to prevent additional damage, and boarding up to secure the building and remove water and debris. Mold, smoke, fire, and water damage all have their own protocol for restoration and our experts know how to tackle each problem.
Once your home or building is secured and the hazards are removed you can start the rebuilding process; from the structure itself to preserving and restoring the treasured items inside your home—including heirlooms, art, and family photos. The professionals at SERVPRO of Old Bridge/ Cranbury can simplify the restoration process by handling both the initial damage mitigation and rebuilding the affected areas. Having one qualified company for the entire process can save time and keeps costs low.
SERVPRO of Old Bridge/Cranbury can provide this continuity by supervising a full range of restoration services that will bring a building back to full functionality.
- Board Up
- Carpet Repair and Installation
- Document Drying
- Dry Cleaning
- Drywall Installation
- Drywall Removal
- Electronics Restoration
- Fine Art Restoration
- Furniture Restoration
- General Contracting
- Hardwood Floor Repair
- HVAC Services
- Move Out
- Roofing Services
- Tree Removal
- And more!
If you are in need of construction services contact SERVPRO of Old Bridge/Cranbury at (732) 253-4914.